Due to our continued success, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a statutory accountant to join our growing Compliance team. The ideal candidate will be a qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant and preferably have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of working in an accounting practice. They will also be looking for a challenging role at a unique and fun accounting firm.
Joining our compliance team and reporting in to the compliance Finance Manager this senior role is split into 2 main areas with approximately a 70% focus on statutory accounts and corporation tax preparation and a 30% focus on company secretarial duties.
Statutory accounts / corporation tax preparation:
- Production and filing of UK GAAP statutory accounts for our SME client base.
- Production and filing of corporate tax returns to support the statutory accounts.
- Review of supporting lead schedules and feedback to team leaders where required.
- Self-review of work prior to manager review.
- Assist stats team in providing clients with answers to statutory accounts queries prior to final approval.
- Assist team leaders with statutory adjustments to Xero.
- Production and filing of client forms at Companies House as required including –
- Confirmation statements (CS01).
- Return on allotment of shares forms (SH01).
- Change of accounting reference date forms (AA01).
- Change of address (AD01).
- Appointment of directors (AP01).
- Updating company registers in line with clients’ cap table.
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP reporting according to FRS102.
- Experience of producing statutory accounts Iris Accounts Production desirable.
- A firm understanding of balance sheet reconciliations.
- An understanding of UK corporate tax issues for SME’s.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work autonomously and plan workflow independently.
- A team player.
- Experience of working with start-up companies and or SME’s.
- An interest in the technology industry.
- Outgoing and sociable.
If you would like to apply, please continue to our application form here